What is NDIS?
NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) was created by the Australian Government as a way to help people with disabilities aged under 65, their families and carers have greater access to affordable care and support.
Are you eligible for NDIS?
NDIS is available to Australian citizens, permanent residents or people who hold a Protected Special Category Visa. Participants must be under 65 years old at the time of their application. Depending on how your disability affects your day to day will contribute to your eligibility as the NDIS is a needs-based system. Visit the NDIS page to find out if you're eligible.
What Can NDIS be utilised for?
The NDIS can be used for services such as;
- Access to resources and information
- Therapies including speech, physio, occupational and behavioural
- Carer services including in-home, emergency and respite
- Aids and equipment including mobility
- Home and mobility modifications